1 1/2 lbs. mushrooms, you can use baby Portobello’s, Cremini or Button
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped – reserve a little extra for serving
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Remove mushroom stems (and set aside for later). Brush mushrooms with a little olive oil, place (stem side up) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
3. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the shallots, bell pepper, garlic and sun dried tomatoes for about 3 minutes until they start to get tender. Add in the parsley, finely chopped mushroom stems and chopped walnuts, cook another 2-3 minutes. Add in chopped spinach until it wilts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, pour off any water that accumulated in the mushrooms.
5. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Topped with fresh, raw diced red bell peppers and serve warm.